A terrible dream for any owner: his cat left home and did not return. But dreams are dreams, and this happens in reality. Thousands of pets leave the warm cosy home, running away into the street. However, some owners may anticipate the imminent escaping their cat and even write letters of recommendation to him! For example, if an animal falls into the “next hands”, then the future owner will know that this cat is good and affectionate: he will always warm up the slippers before the owner wakes up, or it rolls out on clean ironed linen to get comfortable, and at night crawl under the covers and sleep close by his owner.
Or, for example, that he drags sausage from the table and has a wayward character: he hides under the sofa all day long, is capricious about food, tears up the wallpaper or tears the curtains. Everything is very important! And in order to compose a competent and high-quality recommendation letter, we recommend that you note a LinkedIn recommendation that will help you write the perfect recommendation for your beloved pet correctly and successfully. The correct choice of words that may well captivate the future owner of your pet. It sounds strange enough, but no one is safe from the pets escaping from home!
But why is this happening? We will try to find answers in today’s article.
Reasons for Cats Leaving Home
Before starting to go around the district in search of a lost cat and posting ads about it, you should think about what could have prompted the pet to leave the house. Let’s look at the most basic reasons why cats and cats leave:
- A cat of a prestigious breed, who go out for a walk on their own, can easily be stolen by an unscrupulous person who is thirsty for financial gain. Considering that the cost of representatives of rare breeds exceeds 1 thousand dollars, there is no doubt that they can become the prey of thieves. To be able to return his pet to the bosom of the family, the owner should think about chipping;
- Unfortunately, it often happens that the kitty gets into trouble (for example, collides with a pack of stray aggressive dogs, falls under a car or into the hands of monsters). In some cases, the owner can find his injured animal (well, if injured, but alive), but this is not always the case. It is best not to let your little tail go for a walk where there is a track and other people’s dogs. However, the owner can take his pet for a walk on a harness;
- Sometimes the owners rack their brains, if a pregnant cat left home on the eve of giving birth, then where can she go in this position? Most likely, a pregnant pet does not feel safe at home, so she is forced to look for a nest for childbirth in another place (for example, in the attic or in the basement of the house, in a shed, etc.). But what can scare a drift cat away so that it escapes? Anything and anyone: loud music in the apartment, the presence of other animals, children playing, an influx of guests, for example. The tailed mother will return home a couple of days after giving birth together with her newborn kittens (a cat can drag kittens from the place of birth to home by the scruff of the neck);
- Sad reason: cats leave the house before dying. The animal, feeling its imminent death, wants to be alone, even if its relationship with the owner is close and sincere. By the way, not only domestic cats strive for solitude before death, but also large predators – lions, tigers, leopards and other felines. If a dying cat or cat has some energy left, they may seek to move away from home to a peaceful place. The very weakened animals, which are simply not able to leave their homes, stay at home, but hide in secluded dark corners (under the bed, in the closet, etc.);
- The owner himself may be as happy as he wants to move to a new house, but his cat may not share special enthusiasm with him. In the new room, everything is bad: strange smells, inconvenient arrangement of rooms, warm or cold air temperature, draft, high windowsill, and so on. Sometimes animals run away from a new home in order to return to their old and familiar home (in this case, there can be hundreds of kilometers between the new and the old home, by the way). To help the cat quickly get used to the new home, the owner should devote as much time as possible to the purr. Herbal sedatives, which can be prescribed by a doctor, can help reduce anxiety in a cat or cat. By the way, it would be very useful to put on a collar with the owner’s address and phone number on the pet’s neck, so that in case of escape there would be a chance to return the mustachioed traveler home;
- Hunting is the culprit of why cats leave the house. During the period of love affairs, the most desperate fluffy ladies’ men may not appear at home for a week, calmer cats, as a rule, do not show themselves to the owner for no more than 1-2 days. By the way, cat owners shouldn’t relax either, as their pets also run away from home, losing their heads during oestrus. What to do, instincts! To avoid the escape of the cat or cat, the owner should think about an operation to remove the reproductive organs – castration or sterilization;
- Did the kitten leave home for a walk, but does not return for several days in a row? Perhaps the baby got lost, ran after a bird, a dragonfly or a leaf flying in the wind, and then simply did not find the way to the house. The younger the animal, the higher the chance that it will not be able to return home. Kittens should not be allowed out into the street without the owner’s supervision;
- Some cats, living in apartments on high floors, fall from balconies and open windows. What can happen to a pet after such a “flight”? Anything! It is good if the poor moustachioed fellow does not injure himself and returns home, but it is possible that a dog may overtake him or scare him to death by the noise of a car or a siren. From fear, the animal can run away, and then get lost.
Whatever the reason for the cat’s leaving the house, the owner will be worried, hoping to meet his beloved animal. Don’t lose faith that your pet cat friend (or cat friend) will return! There is a chance for a happy outcome even if the cat is not at home for a long time.
How many days can a cat leave home?
For as long as you like: he can be absent for a couple of hours or a day, or a dozen years, depending on the circumstances. Stories are known of cases when cats and wanderers returned to the family 10-12 years after the loss. So there is always hope.
Beliefs about cats leaving home
Previously, the disappearance of domestic moustache was associated with mysticism, but nowadays the cat’s departure from the house is explained by a banal coincidence of circumstances (for example, the animal ran away far from the home and got lost). Consider the beliefs that reveal the secret of why cats leave their owners:
1. If a cat has left home, this is a very bad omen. Allegedly, in the house that the animal left, there will soon be a deceased;
2. The cat left home – took the trouble away from its owner. In this case, the pet that has taken the blow of fate will never return to its owner;
3. In the old days, people believed that cats and cats could leave their home after quarrelling with the brownie;
4. Bad aura in the home and the presence of the evil eye or damage to the owner are also reasons why cats leave the house;
5. The cat leaves the house, making room for a new family member (a newborn baby who has come from a distant relative).